Individual player instructions are also crucial in 4-4-2 formation.
The main focus in this formation is also on the two central midfielders: Here you need a defensive CM with good defensive and passing scores and a more offensive midfielder with good scores in shooting and passing, who will join in the attacking game. This player should also have a high level of stamina, as he is on the move between the two penalty areas throughout the entire game.
Also make the following player instructions in the menu:
- Outside defender: stay back when attacking
- Defensive CM: stay behind during attacks, cover the middle
- Defensive CM (offensive): cover the center
- Left and right midfielder: defensive overflow, for crosses into the penalty area
- Striker: defense overflow, strengthen defense
With the “Reinforce Defense” option, both attackers retreat further and form an almost uniform line with the outer midfielders when the opponent has the ball. When switching to attack, you almost have a four-man line in the attack, and you have many different options.